The Villages of Kapolei Association is a community of affordable and market priced single family homes, condominiums, rental apartments with schools, churches, parks, recreation centers, and a golf course. The State is the Master Developer who continues to award developing rights to other developers for the construction of the remaining parcels. The Villages of Kapolei is unique in that there are Hawaiian Home Lands Developments, State parcels, and a City Park.
Amenities within the Villages of Kapolei include 3 private parks with tot lots, meandering walking paths, bicycle paths, numerous areas of open spaced landscaping, recreation centers with air conditioned party rooms, meeting rooms, a maintenance facility, administrative offices, and 2 swimming pools. Adjacent to the Recreation Center is Kapolei Community Park containing ball fields, 2 volleyball courts, 2 basketball courts, and a fitness section. The privately owned golf course is located on the east side of the Villages.
Villages of Kapolei Association is a self-managed entity with administration, recreation, maintenance, and covenants staff. There are various services and programs available to residents. Within the Villages of Kapolei boundaries are Kapolei Elementary School, Kapolei Middle School, and Kapolei High School.
There are eight Villages within the Villages of Kapolei Association with a 9th subdivision. Each Village is a boundary with multiple divisions or sub associations within. The following are the Villages:
- Village 1: Kumu Iki
- Village 2: Aʻeloa, Aʻeloa Terrace, Villas at Aʻeloa, Senior Residence at Kapolei
- Village 3: Malanai, Malanai Iki
- Village 4: Kekuilani Palms, Makaliʻi 2, Kekuilani Villas, Kekuilani Courts, Kekuilani Gardens
- Village 5: ʻIwalani, Makaliʻi, Kulalani Village, Nohona at Kapolei
- Village 6: Pae Ko Gardens, Kealakai at Kapolei, Villas at Maluʻōhai, Maluʻōhai, Kapolei Hoʻolimalima
- Village 7: Kapolei Kai
- Village 8: Kaupeʻa
- Village Center 9: Nohona 2, Nohona 3